Forever Knight Bookcover Contest
Check out the winning bookcover and rest of the Bookcovers here
Design a Forever Knight Bookcover
and you could win a copy of the script for "My Boyfriend is a Vampire"!!!!
* Overview * Submission Guidelines & Rules * Prize * Voting * Contacts *
- Over the past several weeks, since the cover for the first Forever Knight novel was released, many fans on
FORKN-L (Forever Knight Mailing List) expressed some discontent with the bookcover for the new novel. Here's
a little information about the choice of book covers by the Berkley Publishers as written by Susan M. Garrett. With
the lack of enthusiasm for the book cover, Susan M. Garrett posted this idea for a contest on FORKNI-L.
- Thus, the idea for a Forever Knight Bookcover contest was formed.
- Create a general Forever Knight bookcover design that will be able to be downloaded and used as a bookcover
for the upcoming releases of FK books.
- All entries must be received, either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or snail mail to be scanned Rosebud by
March 1, 1996. If you need to have your submission scanned, please contact Rosebud, who has generously
offered to provide this service.
- All entries must be submitted in GIF or JPEG format. The intended format will be an 8 by 11" picture that will be
downloadable and printable in both color and greyscale formats for printing.
- All entries and votes will be anonymous.
- Conditions/Terms: All contestants submitting designs understand and agree that their bookcover submissions can
and will be made freely available on the Internet to be downloaded and reproduced as bookcovers only. Following
the contest, names and proper copyrights names will be added to the covers for appropriate credit.
- Here is a sample entry designed by Susan Garrett: "It's Not Easy Being Perky" (format is for viewing purposes
- Courtesy of Susan M. Garrett, the contestant with the book cover that receives the most votes will receive the
following: An original working script from "My Boyfriend is a Vampire" (Not a photocopy), dated 8/29/95 and
had changes through to Double White (which meant this puppy went through a LOT of rewrites). The changed
pages were replaced, not saved (sorry), but it's still a very neat thing.
- Bookcover submissions will be made available for open voting.
- Votes will be tallied on and the winner will be announced on TBA.
- Following the announcement of the winner, all bookcovers, with appropriate copyright and credit information will
be made available for downloading and use as bookcovers.
- Watch this page for the latest information regarding the contest.
- All bookcover submissions should be sent to email@example.com