Something Myra might make at home... Souvlaki Directions
* 2 lbs beef or lamb cut into 1" cubes (I use lamb)
* 12 cherry tomatoes or tomato wedges
* 1 tsp. black pepper
* 1 tsp. oregano
* 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
* 6 Tbs. Olive oil * 2 medium onions, quatered
* 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1" pieces
* 12 fresh mushrooms
* 4 Tbs. Lemon juice
* salt to taste
This recipe takes two days. On the first day, prepare the meat and marinate.
On the second day, prepare the veggies and cook.
Place meat in a bowl. In a small bowl, combine black pepper, garlic andoregano and sprinkle mixture over meat. Mix well to coat.
In a blender, combine lemon juice and olive oil and blend. Pour over meat,cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, brush onions and green pepper with olive oil and sprinkle withsalt and pepper to taste. Thread meat and veggies, alternating, on toskewers. Barbecue on grill, being careful not to overcook. Use remainingmarinate to bush on while cooking. Before serving, sprinkle with salt andfresh lemon juice.
The secret to this is to remove all the liquid possible from the cucumbers.
Olive oil can be used to cut the garlic taste. This also makes a greatappetizer with bread for dipping.
* 1 16oz. container of sour cream
* 2 medium to large cucumbers
* 6 small cloves of garlic, finely minced (or less)
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Olive oil (Optional)
Back to the FoD page
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page