There's plenty here to waste your time if you're in the mood to read a couple thousand pages of varying seriousness and quality. Here's a random quote from my fan fiction to get you started:
Like the quote? Look for the story it came from in the site contents below. Reload the page for a new quote.
If you don't see a quote, chances are you don't have a java-enabled browser, and you might need to upgrade your version of Internet Explorer, Netscape, or whatever.
For a cornucopia of FK screen captures and sound files,
just CLICK NICK!
Links To My Forever Knight Fan Fiction:
Would You Sell A Car To This Man?(9K)(1996) - My first piece of FK fan fiction. 'LaCroix for President,' with Aristotle as his campaign manager. It's a wonder I ever wrote anything ever again.
Blindness: Forays Into Divia's Diary(29K)(1996) - Can you say 'bad seed'?
Christmas: Yes, Natalie...There *Is* A Kitty Claws(16K)(1996) - Natalie tries to mail out her Christmas cards. Unfortunately, Sidney helps. A fluff piece, yes, but also a shout-out to the People Living With Cats.
Easter: Sidney Lambert - A Matter Of Territory (34K)(1997) -
Sidney has a few 'issues' with Nick's Easter present. Again, people like the cat.
- Halloween Challenge: Good Little Boys(9k)(1997) - I got a couple notes asking if I was really a man after I posted this. Whatever that means...
Two Thousand Midnights(9K)(1997) - A short Nick & Nat piece that appeared in the Shadows and Roses zine. It's a bit sappy, but not awful. Okay, maybe a little awful.
- An Uncommon Soul(24K)(1997) -
Flashback story set in the court of Charlemagne in which LaCroix brings Francesca (of the episode with the same name) across. If you like this story, check out the Toujours LaCroix zine edited by Lisa Prince. Also, apparently very popular among Australians. (Waves to Wooby & Co.)
Unsuiteds Challenge: Quiet, Cold Heart(62K)(1997) - Undoubtably one of my personal favorites. I make gratuitous references to 'Othello,' and it contains some rarely-seen interaction between the characters of Schanke and Tracy. Set in between second and third seasons.
Song Challenge: This Perfect Carousel(14K)(1997) - Nick & Nat sap overkill. Not one of my personal faves (Read as: I hate it intensely. Gah!), but some people liked it. Maybe you'll be one of them!
Better Than Chocolate(119K)(1997) - The first, and some say ultimate, Nunkies Anonymous adventure. Very silly and of no redeeming value, unless you count the dinosaurs.
- Challenge: Mary Sue Gets Petted(4K)(1998) - Ironically naughty in a fuzzy kind of way.
- Xover: No Man Is A Fantasy Island(140K)(1998) - Another one of my favorites because, really, how often do I get to use a Ricardo Montalban character in fanfic? Never often enough. Nick visits the fabled island in search of a cure, circa 1978. LaCroix and Janette follow him to...well, you know! Meanwhile, Mr. Roarke helps a fifteen year-old Natalie Lambert find a career path while she is vacationing with her family.
- Filk: One Night In Pompeii(3K)(1998) - Done to the tune of One Night In Bangkok.
- How Nunkies Got His Groove Back(45K)(1998) - A Conversion Day story. No redeeming value here, either.
- Halloween: You Know Who's Fault(127K)(1998) - Another Nunkies Anonymous story, this one featuring a very special guest. LaCroix is replaced by a pair of pod people with speech impediments. (Hint: It's a comedy.) And yes, the title could also be 'You Know Whose Fault.' Philosophers have debated the issue at length.
- Les Pauvres Enfants(97K)(1998) - LaCroix encounters a young chanteuse named Edith Piaf in 1936 Paris. Also features Serena from Baby, Baby. First seen in the Toujours LaCroix fanzine.
- Unnatural Selection (213K)(1999) - This is the zine story I wrote to benefit the KtK ad campaign, set in second season. The murder of a sculptor with a rare genetic trait strikes a personal chord with Nick.
- Xover: Who Wants To Be A Vampire? (58K)(2000) - A crossover between Forever Knight and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, four contestants compete on a game show hosted by LaCroix for a prize that lasts forever. Probably the most popular story I've ever posted. I've gotten into conversations with strangers on planes who've wound up exclaiming, "OMG! You wrote Who Wants To Be A Vampire?!!" so major thanks to Joe LaCour, who pitched me the idea.
- Xover: Outlast(8K)(2000) - A crossover between Forever Knight and Survivor. A throwaway, really. Rather like Survivor in that respect.
- Adult Xover: Undeath And The City(199K)(2000) - A Forever Knight/Sex And The City crossover. Carrie & Co. travel to Toronto to get away from their dead love lives, and find more than they bargained for. Samantha picks up a PR job to promote a club owned by 'a man of impeccable taste.' Charlotte meets her 'Mr. Classic.' Miranda begins to wonder if she has a 'thing' for bartenders. Carrie can't stop being haunted by 'Mr. Big,' despite finding some big distractions. Because of the nature of Sex And the City, this fanfic is intended for adults only. Some language and situations may be inappropriate for the young or prudish. Also check out: Undeath Story Notes and Trivia
- Sidney Lambert: Cold Nose, Warm Heart(96K)(2001) - Natalie's cat is faced with a horrible event: he's forced to share territory with Schanke's dog! Also a sequel to Good Little Boys.
- Filk: Nick Just Wants To Drink Blood(2K)(2001) - A song filk to the tune of Cyndi Lauper's 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun.'
- War 11 - The Llama Diary Story Arc(170K)(2001) - An abridged version of the war storyline written as a parody to Bridget Jones's Diary and The Emperor's New Groove. I look back, and I'm not sure what we did to deserve this. I can't remember what we were drinking, either.
- This Never Happened: A Semi-True Story(138K)(2001) - The continuing llama diary entries...Nick attempts to find the perfect Conversion Day gift for LaCroix. Unfortunately, he accepts Vachon's advice on the subject.
- Halloween: Post-Hoc(17K)(2001) - An unjustified link between cause and effect, set after Night in Question.
- Words and Meanings(400K)(2001) - In Vachon's own words: This isnít a story about the finer points of rebellion; itís not about death; itís a story of respect and love, how you find them for people and things that you never see coming. Nominated for a 2001 Fan Fiction Award - Best Novel. A Bright Knight Recommendation of the Month, June 2002. Also check out: Words and Meanings Story Notes and References
- Pity The Child(24K)(2002) - A story from Janette's perspective, beginning after the events of Ashes To Ashes. A Bright Knight Recommendation of the Month, November 2002.
- Kyoo No Wa Temu Desu...!(66K)(2002) - A Forever Knight/Iron Chef crossover. Nick Knight battles Lucien LaCroix for supremecy in Kitchen Stadium.
- The Right Of Way(54K)(2002) - Nick's driving habits have their consequences. Winner of the Primus Gold, 2002 Raven Awards. (Thereby ruining any chance of becoming the Susan Lucci of FK fan fiction. *sigh*)
- Season Of Unreason I - October Hypothetic(34K)(2002) - Written with Bonnie Pardoe. On Halloween, an AWOL llama and the Cousinly-Receptionist-In-Training have a fateful encounter at the Raven. We are silly, silly people.
- Season Of Unreason II - Flirty November (160K)(2002) - Written with Bonnie Pardoe. Set upon their Plot To Bring LaCroix Peace, Harmony And Contentment Whether He Likes It Or Not, the Bonnies hold a party...and it's a turkey.
- Season Of Unreason III - December Of Doom(155K)(2002-2003) - Written with Bonnie Pardoe. It's all about the naughty and the nice! Hurrah!
- Shades Of Evil(64K)(1997) - Set in second season, this story strongly
features Figaro Newton, and it's a good idea to read it before Thankless
Child. A lot quicker, too.
A murder at a fashion house pulls Nick back into an old friendship - one with troubling memories.
The Spirit And The Dust(267K)(1996) - The first story I wrote featuring Clare and an answer to the 'Last Knight' challenge. An ancient vampire with a connection to Vachon comes to Toronto and swiftly becomes embroiled in Nick, Natalie and LaCroix's lives. Also introduces Figaro Newton.
The Unselfish Partner(283K)(1997) - The second story in the Clare series. A wager between Nick and Clare brings some unexpected results. Nick and Natalie's relationship finally comes into bloom. Nominated for a 1999 Forever Knight Fan Fiction Award - Best Historical Novel.
- Thankless Child (1997) - The third story in the Clare series. A pattern of grotesque murders mystifies Nick, Schanke, Natalie and Clare, leading to a tumultuous conclusion. Vachon and Janette befriend a young vampire with trouble one step behind. Introduces the characters of Ivy Mousseux and Domino. Nominated for a 1997 Forever Knight Fan Fiction Award - Best Novel. Because of length, I've split the story into two files. I've gone over them yet again, so now the files are even cleaner.
- Survivors(797K)(1998-2000) How do the characters move on after Thankless Child? A return visit from Liam O'Neal spells personal trouble for Nick, while a killer targeting police captains presents Nick and Schanke with a career challenge. Nominated for a 2000 Forever Knight Fan Fiction Award - Best Novel.
It looks like people have dropped in since
January 1, 2003!
The contents were last manipulated on March 14, 2004!
I'm abysmally slow at answering e-mail sometimes, but I welcome fanfic comments!